Wednesday, November 22, 2006

...I give thanks!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the States and I have a lot to be thankful for!

I am thankful for a healthy, active, inquisitive, smart, happy son Sam. He's 16 months-old now and I find it incredible how much he learns every day. he's beginning to mimic what we do and say....which can be a tad dangerous and this sailor needs to curb the language.

I am thankful for my lovely wife. She puts up with me when I'm moody...which is often. She's a great mom, she makes me laugh & smile. And now she's employed again.....NICE!

I am thankful for my family. We're all relatively healthy, happy and employed....what more can you ask for?

I am thankful for the Detroit Tigers and the incredible season they had. Sometimes you fall short of your ultimate goals, but nobody would have entertained the idea of the Tigers getting to the World Series. Thanks for a great year!

I am thankful for the Democrats victory in the House and Senate. Now PLEASE do something with it....and PLEASE find a good candidate for 2008!

I am thankful for Al Gore for providing us with the Internet! Where else could I bore the tens of people who might be reading this? Where else could I download a Springsteen setlist, a recipe for meatloaf, a concert that happened 12 hours ago, meet people from around the globe (some of which I actually met), read rumors about Tom Izzo coaching the MSU football team (please, PLEASE don't let this happen)?

I am thankful for beer. Strange thing to be thankful for? Maybe, but I like it and it's good.

I am thankful for The Office. No, not MY office where I go to work every Monday through Friday.....but the TV program The Office. It's friggin' hilarious! Before you start telling me how much better the British version is, let me tell you that I have it on my NetFlix queue so give it a rest!

Jeez....I sound like either a very boring individual or someone who is just ungrateful. Or maybe I just keep getting interrupted by work crap and I can't focus....

Anyway, to anyone still reading, have a happy and safe Thanksgiving! Try not to eat too much, drink too much or watch too much football. What I DO want you to do too much is enjoy your family (or whomever you're spending the holiday with).

2 comments:

Mike said...

The British version is much better!

PoPpy said...

I've now SEEN the British version. Can't say I think it's better....but it's defo a great show! I only wish there was more....